B.H.M.S. Social Responsibility describes the way we are making a difference to the social and economic well-being of our communities through our teaching and activities alongside our commitment to world-class and hands-on learning and student experience.
We make a significant contribution to our communities and society as a whole through our education and a wide range of activities undertaken by our faculty, students and alumni.
Find out more about the impact of the B.H.M.S. Social Responsibility initiatives by exploring the links below.
Social responsibility in B.H.M.S. Curriculum:
In the undergraduate level:
- “Contemporary Food & Beverage” module in the Hospitality Management first year BA Degree program program addresses food trends and health conscious eating.
- Sustainable hotel design and environmentally friendly practices are well covered under “Contemporary Hospitality Service Management” and “Hospitality Facilities: Development and Management” in the Hospitality Management second year BA Degree program.
- In the first and second years of the Culinary Arts BA Degree, and under “Nutrition” and “Menu Planning” modules, great emphasis is placed on nutritional sustainability and sustainability in menu planning.
In the graduate level:
- In the M.Sc. Degree program and under the “Sustainable Development” module, great emphasis is placed on tourism environmental impact and the emergence of alternative types of tourism and ethical practices.
- In the MBA Degree program, four out of eight modules in total have strong social, cultural and sustainable applications: Dynamic Perspectives on Sustainable Business, Leading Innovation and Cultural Change, Business Development and Value Creation and Global Business Strategy.
Environmental practice at B.H.M.S.:
On October 3rd and 4th, 2019, the B.H.M.S. Culinary Arts student initiated an event named “The Food Waste Challenge” to create awareness on food waste and eating behaviour without wasting food.
Socially responsible graduates:
Robert Zsolt Doma (B.H.M.S. Postgraduate Diploma Graduate 2011) is a security manager at TUI Destination Experiences, responsible for overseeing and monitoring operation, including making sure that TUI environment is safe and secure for guests and employees alike.
Equality and diversity
B.H.M.S. is committed to creating an environment where diversity is celebrated, and everyone is treated fairly.